Teamwork is vital to our success, yet we know the value that competition brings to a firm as well. So how do we balance these? Here are some Evolution MPC insights:
• Make Contests Team-Based: People working together to achieve a common goal – that’s the workplace ethos that we want. Creating contests that require teamwork leads to stronger bonds, coaching, and colleagues cheering for one another. To promote these benefits even more…
• Create Groups From Different Departments: We combine team members from different Evolution MPC divisions in our group contests to maximize in-house networking and mentorship. This method also inspires fresh viewpoints.
• Keep the Rules Simple: We want our contests to be fun and exciting – not overly complex. Being ambassadors for good and creating innovative outreach campaigns are still our primary focal points, and we don’t want to take too much effort away from that.
• Make Resources Available: Assigning a task without providing the necessary tools is setting people up for failure. Make sure success is a possibility by providing all the resources teams need to compete.
• Consider Alternative Rewards: Cash rewards are great, but they aren’t always the best ways to promote harmony once the contests are over. One of our favorite rewards to offer is an educational business trip, where team members receive training and networking opportunities.
Looking for more ideas on how to create a culture that is both competitive and collaborative? Check out our Evolution MPC Newswire feed.